Friday, September 4, 2009

Well, I fail at updating.

Note to world: I AM NO LONGER IN UKRAINE. In fact, I haven't been there since my service ended last December, eight (long) months ago.

Instead I:
  1. Moved Sherlock and myself to Seattle, where we got to experience America's worst dressed people sliding around in 6 inches of snow.
  2. Worked in a shelter for homeless teens, where my Ukrainian-English ("I'm coming to you!") was joined by teenspeech ("That's filthy!") and inappropriate pointing. At least I learned to say please and thank you again.
  3. Somehow decided that getting an MBA was the best of my six graduate school options.
Which brings us to today.
To the Annie of the past: WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!
Business school is no place for your math-fearing, poverty-loving, non-profit supporting liberal liberal heart! How did you think a program whose first semester has you taking finance, statistics, and accounting was a good idea? Do you not remember that the only C you ever got was in Macroeconomics?

Alas. Annie of the past, you fail at decisions.
You do, win, however, at city-picking. I <3 DC.

I am coming to you, Obama, yo!

(p.s. Peace Corps Ukraine, will you PLEASE take me off your mailing list now? You do NOT need a living allowance survey from me! I'm not joining any working groups! I have better things to do with my time nowadays, notably showering, eating vegetables, and making progress on my 20 pounds of celebration fat plan.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.